SUDBURY – This groundbreaking event will accelerate the mining industry’s journey toward achieving energy, climate, productivity, social and environmental goals.
Over two dynamic days, the most cutting-edge insights and advancements will be discussed that promise to reshape the mining landscape. The event will bring together great innovators with the companies that are looking for their solutions spotlighting ESG, decarbonization, social impact, and environmental progress.
Expect enlightening discussions with industry leaders, explore deep-sea mining innovation and gain valuable insights into critical minerals and their global significance.
The event promises to delve into AI and automation, propelling mining into a new era of efficiency and innovation.
With captivating keynote speakers, industry expert panels, partner spotlights and networking breaks, this event promises to immerse attendees in technologies and solutions that will accelerate mining innovation.
” As a world leader in mining technology development, Canada is well positioned to further grow its position of the world technology leader. The industry demands innovative solutions which is the mission at MICA. This event will showcase the innovative solutions and hear from the mine operators that are poised to adopt them. The connecting of the innovative solutions to the companies that will adopt them is vital to the success of growing made in Canada solutions. “
Chamirai Nyzbeze – MICA Network Director
“Thanks to MICA’s Annual Conference & Innovation Showcase, local mining companies have the opportunity to showcase new tools and techniques to make Canada a world leader in the modern production of minerals. Mining innovators play an essential role in the green transition to which our government is committed and contribute to the growth of our economy as well as the creation of well-paying jobs for our workers.”
– The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry
“Canada has the materials, the expertise, and the dynamic workforce needed to thrive in a low-carbon future. MICA’s Annual Conference and Innovation Showcase is an important forum that advances the best practices and innovations that will ensure Canada can become the global supplier of choice for the sustainable resources and clean technology that the world needs. This means investments all along the value chain – from mining and mineral processing to advanced manufacturing and recycling – and economic opportunity and good jobs in communities right across the country.”
– The Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson – Minister of Energy and Natural Resources of Canada
The Mining Innovation Commercialization Accelerator (MICA) Network was created on July 9, 2021 through an investment of $40 million from the Government of Canada’s Strategic Innovation Fund. MICA is a $112.4 million pan-Canadian initiative bringing together stakeholders from a wide range of fields to accelerate the development and commercialization of innovative technologies to make the mining sector more productive and sustainable.
- The MICA Network has six main partners across Canada: the Bradshaw Research Institute for Minerals and Mining (British Columbia), InnoTech Alberta (Alberta), Saskatchewan Polytechnic (Saskatchewan), MaRS (Ontario), Groupe MISA (Quebec) and the College of the North Atlantic (Newfoundland and Labrador).
- MICA intends to connect Canada’s regional mining clusters and bring together companies, suppliers, academic and research institutions, innovators from all walks of life, and others to foster knowledge sharing and collaboration and to create technical and business synergies among its members.
- MICA’s funding has funded over $27M to date for projects across it’s 4 Technical Themes:
- Increase Mine Production Capacity, at Lower Cost,
- Reduce Mining Energy Consumption and GHG Emissions,
- Implement Smart, Autonomous Mining Systems,
- Reduce Environmental Risk and Long-Term Liabilities.
- The mining industry continues to be a critically important part of Canada’s economy and contributed $125 billion to the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2021, 5% of the total GDP.
- The Strategic Innovation Fund has provided MICA $40 million to support the development of the Network and to fund projects for the development and commercialization of new mining technologies.
- Strategic Innovation Fund
- Innovation and Skills Plan
- Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation
- MICA Network
- The Canadian Critical Minerals Strategy – Canada.ca
Chamirai Charles Nyabeze
705 562 6264