Access to Project Funding
One of the mandates of the MICA Network is to provide access to leverage funding for high-impact innovative clean technologies within one of the following four technical themes:
- Increase Mine Production Capacity, at Lower Cost.
- Reduce Mining Energy Consumption and GHG Emissions.
- Implement Smart, Autonomous Mining Systems.
- Reduce Environmental Risk and Long-Term Liabilities.
The investment in the projects is to advance made-in-Canada solutions, commercialize new, late-stage, high impact mining technologies and accelerate the number and scale of SMEs engaged in mining.
Call for Proposals Open – Submission Deadline January 13, 2023
There are some overarching requirements In order to apply for leveraged funding:
- Must be a member in good standing with the MICA Network (minimum SME Level1).
- Must be incorporated pursuant to the laws of Canada, carrying on business in Canada and have a presence in Canada.
- Must have secured funding for the project to match the MICA investment.
Call for Proposal Process
All projects submitted for funding will be required to follow a detailed Call for Proposal Process (CFP). A CFP will be launched on specific dates with a timeline associated for submissions, evaluations and notification of applicants. Project submissions will only be accepted as a part of this formal process. Applications will not be considered outside of this process.
The Call for Proposal process will typically involve the following:
- Submission of an Initial Application;
- Approval to advance to Full Application;
- Submission of Full Application; and
- Approval of Full Application
Project description: Underground Positioning System and its Application for Autonomous, Automation and Mining Safety
Approved MICA Funding: $648,883.00
Project description: Capture and conversion of Mining Low-Grade Waste Heat
Approved MICA Funding: $1,099,348.00
Ambra Solution Inc
Project description: Intelligent Positioning System
Approved MICA Funding: $521,544.00
ABCDust Technologies Corp
Project description: Smart Customized Dust Control & Soil Stabilization Solutions Pilot Plant and Industrialization facility
Approved MICA Funding: $726,948.00
WaterStrider Treatment Inc.
Project description: Amprey Removal of Dissolved Metals from Mine Water
Approved MICA Funding: $1,263,861.00
Copperstone Technologies Ltd
Project description: HELIX Saturn: Amphibious Rover for Geotechnical Surveying of Tailings Storage Facilities
Approved MICA Funding: $1,194,568.00
Project description: Smart Comminution in Mineral Processing
Approved MICA Funding: $487,123.00
EnviroMetal Technologies Inc.
Project description: Gold Recovery Circuit Pilot
Approved MICA Funding: $1,743,000.00
Goldspot Discoveries Corp (Earth Labs Inc.)
Project description: Machine Vision for Geological Knowledge Extraction
Approved MICA Funding: $862,670.04