Access to Project Funding
One of the mandates of the MICA Network is to provide access to leverage funding for high-impact innovative clean technologies within one of the following four technical themes:
- Increase Mine Production Capacity, at Lower Cost.
- Reduce Mining Energy Consumption and GHG Emissions.
- Implement Smart, Autonomous Mining Systems.
- Reduce Environmental Risk and Long-Term Liabilities.
The investment in the projects is to advance made-in-Canada solutions, commercialize new, late-stage, high impact mining technologies and accelerate the number and scale of SMEs engaged in mining.
Call for Proposals – February 7, 2022
The Call for Proposals is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application.
There are some overarching requirements In order to apply for leveraged funding:
- Must be a member in good standing with the MICA Network (minimum SME Level1).
- Must be incorporated pursuant to the laws of Canada, carrying on business in Canada and have a presence in Canada.
- Must have secured funding for the project to match the MICA investment.
Call for Proposal Process
All projects submitted for funding will be required to follow a detailed Call for Proposal Process (CFP). A CFP will be launched on specific dates with a timeline associated for submissions, evaluations and notification of applicants. Project submissions will only be accepted as a part of this formal process. Applications will not be considered outside of this process.
The Call for Proposal process will typically involve the following:
- Submission of an Initial Application;
- Approval to advance to Full Application;
- Submission of Full Application; and
- Approval of Full Application