Access to Project Funding
One of the mandates of the MICA Network is to provide access to leverage funding for high-impact innovative clean technologies within one of the following four technical themes:
- Increase Mine Production Capacity, at Lower Cost.
- Reduce Mining Energy Consumption and GHG Emissions.
- Implement Smart, Autonomous Mining Systems.
- Reduce Environmental Risk and Long-Term Liabilities.
The investment in the projects is to advance made-in-Canada solutions, commercialize new, late-stage, high impact mining technologies and accelerate the number and scale of SMEs engaged in mining.
The Call for Proposals is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application.
There are some overarching requirements In order to apply for leveraged funding:
- Must be a member in good standing with the MICA Network (minimum SME Level1).
- Must be incorporated pursuant to the laws of Canada, carrying on business in Canada and have a presence in Canada.
- Must have secured funding for the project to match the MICA investment.
Call for Proposal Process
All projects submitted for funding will be required to follow a detailed Call for Proposal Process (CFP). A CFP will be launched on specific dates with a timeline associated for submissions, evaluations and notification of applicants. Project submissions will only be accepted as a part of this formal process. Applications will not be considered outside of this process.
The Call for Proposal process will typically involve the following:
- Submission of an Initial Application;
- Approval to advance to Full Application;
- Submission of Full Application; and
- Approval of Full Application
Project description: Underground Positioning System and its Application for Autonomous, Automation and Mining Safety
Approved MICA Funding: $648,883.00
Project description: Capture and conversion of Mining Low-Grade Waste Heat
Approved MICA Funding: $1,099,348.00
Ambra Solution Inc
Project description: Intelligent Positioning System
Approved MICA Funding: $521,544.00
ABCDust Technologies Corp
Project description: Smart Customized Dust Control & Soil Stabilization Solutions Pilot Plant and Industrialization facility
Approved MICA Funding: $726,948.00
WaterStrider Treatment Inc.
Project description: Amprey Removal of Dissolved Metals from Mine Water
Approved MICA Funding: $1,263,861.00
Copperstone Technologies Ltd
Project description: HELIX Saturn: Amphibious Rover for Geotechnical Surveying of Tailings Storage Facilities
Approved MICA Funding: $1,194,568.00
Project description: Smart Comminution in Mineral Processing
Approved MICA Funding: $487,123.00
EnviroMetal Technologies Inc.
Project description: Gold Recovery Circuit Pilot
Approved MICA Funding: $1,743,000.00
Goldspot Discoveries Corp (Earth Labs Inc.)
Project description: Machine Vision for Geological Knowledge Extraction
Approved MICA Funding: $862,670.04